On 26th April, 2017 we proudly presented the Eclipse/ToolMakers Day for the first time. It was an Eclipse Day and even more: a day created for the tool development community that highlighted how the most successful engineering companies build in-house software tools to stay ahead of the competition.
Following the welcome speech of István Ráth, managing director of IncQuery Labs the keynote speaker, Ralph Müller, managing director of Eclipse Foundation Europe gave a talk about Eclipse Foundations activity, its benefit and the way it supports industrial development. After that the speakers presented the most successful collaborations between Eclipse and engineering companies, actually best practices like Capella, used by Thales Group (Stéphane Bonnet), Sirius, by Obeo (Étienne Juliot), and Titan, used by Ericsson Hungary (Elemér Lelik).
Gergely Pintér and Máté Kovács, experts of ThyssenKrupp Presta Hungary presented the relevance of model-based development in the automotive embedded systems and finally Ákos Horváth, managing director of IncQuery Labs gave a talk about OpenCPS project.
The workshop was also open for conversations, disputes and exchange of opinions and experiences. We are glad to saw you networking!
Thanks to the organizer team of CRAFT Conference for their help, to Ericsson Hungary for the venue, to our speakers for the high-quality presentations and of course to our dear guests for the attendance.
See you next year!
Slides of the presentations:
- Ralph Müller: Software is Eating the World - What to do?
- Stéphane Bonnet: The Capella open sourcing story: stakes, challenges, opportunities
- Étienne Juliot: Graphical DSL with Sirius: how to simplify the creation of custom modeling tools
- Gergely Pintér & Máté Kovács: Model Based Development and Code Generation for Automotive Embedded Systems
- Elemér Lelik: The ascent of Titan
- Ákos Horváth: Multi-disciplinary simulation of smart and safe systems