Lowcomote is an international project supported by the European Union that aims to train 15 Early Stage Researchers (PhD students) in low-code development platforms. The goal of the project is to help these students become the leaders of tomorrow’s engineering of low-code platforms. To reach this goal, the project provides trainings and workshops in the fields of Model-Driven Engineering, Cloud Computing, and Machine Learning. Participating PhD students attend trainings as well as a research program by one of the cooperating academic institutions.
Goal of the project
- To explore low-code languages and Model-Driven Engineering tools for the development of large-scale applications in heterogeneous domains.
- To create a repository that is able to store and retrieve heterogeneous modeling artifacts (e.g., models, metamodels, model transformations, and code generators).
- To develop efficient model transformations over large and complex models.
IncQuery’s role in the project
- IncQuery Labs is hosting one of the Early Stage Researchers, Benedek Horváth, who is pursuing his PhD in live model transformations for distributed low-code platforms.
- The goal of Benedek’s research is to implement an open-source model transformation engine that can execute transformations over a highly distributed computing infrastructure, providing scalability both in terms of model size and transformation complexity and reacting immediately to changes in the environment.